The Executive Housekeeper is a key element in a team of service professionals, providing very personal, detailed and seamless service to guests, from their arrival until departure without imposing themselves. The role requires an acute attention to detail and the ability to anticipate guest’s needs.
Reporting to the House Manager, the Executive Housekeeper and coordinates activities of household employees engaged in cooking, cleaning, and related domestic duties. Oversees serving of lunch and dinner; table setting, directing table service, or personally serving at the table.
Additional duties include mixing and serving cocktails, wine and other drinks; answering telephones and delivering messages; receiving and announcing guests; preparing food on the Chef’s day off.
- Manage, direct, and oversee the housekeeping staff; including daily schedules, duties and ongoing training
- Maintain knowledge of social etiquette and formal service
- Receive and announce guests, greet and attend to household guests
- Organize household budgets, inventory, and maintenance
- Assist in the organization of social events at the home
- Liaise with the employer’s private office staff as required
- Provide valet service; packing/unpacking and preparation for travelling
- Provide personal care to residents and guests
- Supervise and coordinate activities of employees who cook, clean, and perform other domestic duties
- Oversee breakfast, lunch, and dinner service, including formal table setting; directing meal service, or personally serving meals
- Perform other services as requested, such as cook; mix and serve cocktails, wine, and other drinks
- Care and clean fine china, crystal and silver
- Maintain the wine cellar including a knowledge on the purchase, storage and serving of wines and spirits
- Answer phone and deliver messages
- Maintain a knowledge of the security systems
- Minimum 5 years experience in private household service and directly-related prior experience or other hospitality industry experience
- Experience managing inventory and budgets
- Experience in beverage and table service
- Cooking experience
- Minimum High School diploma
- College Diploma in hospitality or related field, an asset
Interested applicants please apply with resume to email@example.com.
Please refer to Job ID: 18744
|Job Category||Executive Housekeeper|