Seeking an experienced House Manager / Estate Manager who will oversee the day-to day operations of a Toronto residence and will have the general oversight of a second vacation home in France.
In France the candidate will be responsible for the high-level management of the property including any major construction and maintenance projects, and the upkeep of household manuals (translation service is available). In Toronto, the candidate will be much more hands on, responsible for all the details of the home. Both homes have appropriate additional housekeeping staff.
For both residences, the successful candidate will be one that thrives in an environment with defined processes and standards. They enjoy maintaining and developing the manuals and checklists that support a well-organized home. The position requires a high energy individual with an excellent work ethic and a sense of pride in work well done. And importantly, the candidate understands that all assigned tasks are taken on with full ownership, and seen through to completion, in a timely manner.
This role requires that the candidate be comfortable working in close collaboration with a very hands-on homeowner who cares greatly for their home. Daily “touch base” meetings, weekly reports, and an open and constant dialogue define the management style of the principal.
Finally, both homes are highly cultured, semi-formal, but are kept to the highest standards. Busy houses, the life in the homes is not precious, but it is demanding.
- Work with all staff and services to maintain household and property standards
- Update all household manuals as required for both residences
- Manage some household inventories
- Able to be hands on with all housekeeping roles if required, including light cooking
- Organization of major storage areas in the home and offsite
- Event planning, execution and logistics; entertaining is hands on and to the highest standard
- Installation of holiday décor
- Screen and oversee all trades and services, including contractors and construction projects
- Oversee household security and safety; ensure that protocols are maintained by all staff
- Manage all maintenance systems
- Vehicle maintenance and occasional driving
- Other duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience working in a semi-formal or formal residence in a similar role
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment; develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, trades and services
- Excellent communication; ability to understand the importance of knowledge sharing and consistent reporting
- Thorough knowledge of household technology and mechanical systems
- Energetic problem solving with the ability to take the initiative
- Effective time management with strong execution and completion strategies
- Polished, professional and respectful; a quiet presence in the household
- Highly discreet in preserving the confidentiality and privacy of the family
- Post Secondary education would be an asset
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Knowledge of gardens and horticulture would be an asset
- Able to travel to France 2-3 times yearly for short trips
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid driver’s license and passport
Regular workdays are Monday to Friday, but flexibility is required for occasional weekends. Availability for maintenance emergencies is essential.
Excellent salary and benefits for the right candidate.
Interested applicants should apply with resume to email@example.com
Please refer to Job ID: 19771
|Job Category||House Manager|