Seeking an experienced Housekeeper for a semi-formal vacation residence located 45 minutes outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the overall cleanliness and organization of the residence year-round. This position is full-time, hours are Monday to Friday, 9AM – 5PM, with occasional nights and weekends when the Principal is in residence 3 months of the year. When the Principal is not in residence, the home is to be maintained and kept ready for the Principal’s arrival. Accommodation provided is a home nearby for the sole use of the successful applicant and his/her family.
- Daily housekeeping to include dusting, vacuuming, kitchen and bathroom cleaning, washing floors
- Care of fine furnishings, fixtures, fabrics, finishes, and surfaces
- Daily laundry and ironing when the Principal is in residence
- Wardrobe packing and unpacking
- Household inventory, grocery shopping and errands weekly or as needed
- Answer the door and telephone, take messages, receive packages
- Special projects include, but not limited to, deep cleaning projects, household cupboard and closet cleaning and reorganization
- Pet care when the Principal is in residence
- Other duties as required from time to time
- A self-starter with good attention to detail and the initiative to see a project to completion
- Must have previous experience working in a semi-formal residence
- Excellent housekeeping, laundry and ironing skills; correct use of products and methods for fine finishes and surfaces
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Applicants must be service oriented with excellent English communication skills
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times, exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect of boundaries
- A valid driver’s license is considered a strong asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to Job ID: 18728