Seeking an experienced Housekeeper for a cottage located in the Lake Rosseau area of Ontario. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the overall cleanliness and organization of the residence. This is a full-time, live-in, year-round position. Applicants should be flexible with scheduling when the family of 5 is in residence, generally the schedule is Thursday – Monday when they are in residence.
- Daily housekeeping and detailing to include dusting, vacuuming, kitchen and bathroom cleaning, washing floors
- Care of fine furnishings, fixtures, fabrics, finishes, and surfaces
- Laundry and ironing
- Household inventory and grocery shopping
- Ensure home is provisioned and ready for Principals’ arrival
- Special projects include, but not limited to, quarterly deep cleans, household cupboard and closet cleaning and reorganization
- Manage and supervise housekeeper and contractors
- Work in conjunction with Property Manager/GM who is responsible for all maintenance of the property
- Light meal preparation for small groups; a caterer is hired for larger events up to 16 people
- Other duties as required from time to time
- Must have previous experience working in a semi-formal residence
- Excellent housekeeping, laundry and ironing skills; correct use of products and methods for fine finishes and surfaces
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times, exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect of boundaries
- Applicants must be service oriented with excellent English communication skills
- A clean, valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to Job ID: 19760