Seeking an experienced, energetic chef for a private residence in Fairfield, Connecticut. The successful applicant will prepare daily meals for the Principals, and their guests.
The candidate should bring passion and creativity to their menu plans, while keeping preferences and dietary constraints top of mind. Comfortable cooking and serving to smaller numbers of guests, they are equally comfortable cooking for larger guest counts with service support.
A passion for finding the best in ingredients, sourcing regional provisions, and supporting the operation of a small greenhouse of herbs and vegetables is key to this role.
This full-time, live-out position is best suited for a private chef who understands the fluidity of residential operations and is able to respond calming and professionally. The candidate should be flexible with their schedule and able to support evening’s, weekends, and occasional holiday events.
- Daily coordination of menus, meal plans, and preferences
- Daily cooking and preparation of meals
- Table service for smaller events
- Sourcing and procurement of ingredients, with an eye for freshness and quality
- Knowledge of local and organic products, seasonality of ingredients, and regional specialty items
- Provisioning of conventional grocery items, pantry staples, and other consumables
- Set tables with an eye for detail and aesthetics
- Organize and maintain tableware, linens, china, and silverware inventories
- Manage cellar inventory and make wine pairing recommendations for meals
- Assist with and support event planning activities including holidays, social gatherings, parties and philanthropic events
- Maintain a clean kitchen and workspace at all times
- Excellent event planning skills for formal, semi-formal and casual events
- Assist with coordinating event staffing as needed
- Strong food and beverage service skills, both formal and informal
- Knowledgeable with regards to wine pairing, and assist with wine cellar management
- Manage and be accountable for the kitchen budget and expense
- Professionally trained with a degree or diploma from an accredited culinary institution
- Previous experience working in a private home as a chef is required
- Sommelier training, or training in wine and food pairings
- Experience growing and maintaining an herb and vegetable garden in a greenhouse setting
- Able to accommodate a variety of meal preferences, restrictions and diets (including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, keto, high fiber, and high protein)
- Creative and thoughtful when menu planning
- Able to take the spontaneous nature of last minute changes to guest count, or dietary constraints in stride
- Fastidious when it comes to cleanliness, hygiene, and food handling protocols
- Passionate about learning new food techniques and preparations through professional development opportunities
- Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Professional personal presentation, able to courteously and professionally interact with principals, guests and staff
- Skilled at time management, organization, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Flexibility with schedule, comfortable working evenings, weekends, and holidays on occasion
- Comfortable working on an Apple operating system
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times; exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect appropriate boundaries
- A valid, driver’s licence and clean driving record is a must
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants please apply with resume including a three-course menu to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Job ID: 19795