Seeking an experienced, polished, and professional with proven skills in a front of house capacity to join a private residential team as a server / butler.
You have an eye for detail, superb guest facing skills, and take satisfaction and pride in delivering an exceptional experience in everything you do. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to transition their current hospitality career into private service.
As a member of this team you will be responsible for food and beverage service, whether it is a tea tray for two, setting up a self-service bar for guests, or setting the table and serving at a more formal function. This role will also support other household operations, including the care of the Principals pets, running errands, and basic housekeeping responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is flexible with schedule and able to work evenings and weekends, and open to occasional travel.
- Daily food and beverage service
- Setting tables with an eye for detail and aesthetics
- Running errands, grocery shopping, and provisioning for other household needs
- Daily pet care (dogs)
- Driving principals on occasion
- Occasional basic food preparation
- Basic housekeeping and end of day detailing
- Answer telephone calls and take messages, greet visitors and guests
- Organize and maintain tableware, linens, china, and silverware inventories
- Assist with and support event planning activities
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace at all times
- Excellent event planning skills for formal, semi-formal and casual events
- Support special projects such as deep cleans, organizational tasks, and other tasks from time to time
- Strong food and beverage service skills, both formal and informal
- Previous experience working in formal food and beverage service role or in private residential service
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with principals, other staff, answering calls and greeting guests and visitors.
- Confidence and skills working in the kitchen a strong asset
- Flexibility with schedule and working hours a must
- Service-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Professional personal presentation, able to courteously and professionally interact with principals, guests and staff
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Self-starter with attention to detail and ability to ensure projects are completed from start to finish
- Polished and well-groomed professional appearance and immaculate personal hygiene
- Must exercise complete discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must have a valid driver’s license with own vehicle
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Dog lover
- Must maintain privacy and confidentiality at all times; exercise diplomacy, discretion and respect appropriate boundaries
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Job ID: 19794