Thinking About Your Career in Private Service?
Improve your future by enrolling in one of our new online courses!
After delivering our renowned Household Management programs in our Toronto Academy since 2008, we are privileged and excited to now make the most important content from our most popular courses available online, to students from anywhere in the world.
Our first two online courses are taught by our founder and renowned expert Charles MacPherson – an international leader in Household Management, training and education.
Which Courses Are Available?
We are currently offering full and mini courses:
- The first full course is a self-study program titled How to Set the Table Around the World. This course is available for you to enroll and begin today.
- The second full course is a live online class titled Fundamentals of Household Management. Registration for this course is now open. The course begins on Tuesday, November 1, 2022 and continues for five consecutive Tuesdays from 10:00 EST to 11:30 EST .
- Several mini courses include Silver Cleaning, Announcing Guest to the Table and An Introduction to Afternoon Tea. Click here to see all our courses.
At The Charles MacPherson Academy, we have taken considerable time to think about our approach, the materials that best lend themselves to online learning and the overall student experience. Our online courses are vibrant, engaging and, most importantly, they are relevant to today’s private service professional.
As our philosophy has always reflected, our programs are geared toward delivering valuable working knowledge that is current, practical and effective in the Household Industry of the 21st century.
Gain valuable, proven, industry knowledge to help you succeed in your job and career as a private service professional.
The Benefits of Online Learning:
- Private service professionals can now learn remotely while remaining fully employed
- You can do actual practicums within your household for homework assignments
- Allows your employer’s household to continue operating with the least amount of disruption
- The costs of travel to and accommodations at the Academy, while attending courses, has been eliminated
Our Self-Study option lets you learn at your own pace — to accommodate your schedule, and more importantly, your employer’s schedule in this busy world.
FOR WHOM ARE CHARLES MACPHERSON'S ONLINE COURSES INTENDED?
Online Courses from The Charles MacPherson Academy are perfect for those
- Looking to join the world of private service
- Currently working within the private service industry
- Seeking to learn new skills and upgrade their role
If you are an employer looking to upgrade or professionalize the skills of your domestic staff, visit this page.
"Placing Household Service Professionals since 1996 and having been a working Butler and Household Manager have given me a unique window into the mind of the Employer and a keen understanding of their needs. I know what’s missing in the classroom and what’s needed in a well-run household."
ABOUT COURSE LEADER CHARLES MACPHERSON
- Charles provides the most thorough training in the field while maintaining traditional standards that reflect and accurately embrace the 21st Century
- Charles works with leading businesses, diplomats and ultra-high net worth clients around the world, delivering training sessions, courses, and seminars
- Over the last two decades, Charles has built a reputation as a global authority in the domain of butlering, household management, hospitality and customer service sectors worldwide
- Charles has established butler department standards and trained butlers for the Queen Mary II, Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai, Aria Resort and Casino Las Vegas, Wynn Macau and Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces.
With experience teaching and consulting all over the world, Charles offers an enhanced understanding of and sensitivity to the cross-cultural training needs of a diverse student body.
WHY CHOOSE ONLINE COURSES FROM THE CHARLES MACPHERSON ACADEMY?
A Letter of Completion, personally signed by Charles MacPherson, will be issued to all students who successfully complete the program.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT CHARLES MACPHERSON AND HIS COURSES?
"Proud to be an Alumna"
I am proud to be an alumna of the Charles McPherson Academy and believe attending has been an extremely valuable investment in my career and my professional network.
Heather - CMA Graduate
"I would trust Charles unconditionally"
Charles' is one of the few in business that I would trust unconditionally. Highest Recommendation!
David Gonzalvez - Owner at Domestic Placement Network & EstateJobs.com
"Invest in the best!"
Charles is the missing link in North America when it comes to the art of private service. He brings his personal experience to his teachings and with much needed humor.
Andrew Lowrey - President at Precise Home Management